Introducing my first Citrine collection [ Novetrine ] - the alternate birthstone of November (primary birthstone: Topaz), and also the accepted birthstone for the 13th and 17th wedding anniversary.
10 FUN FACTS ABOUT NOVEMBER'S STONE - CITRINE:
1. Citrine is a transparent variety of quartz, the second most abundant mineral in the Earth.
2. Citrine is associated with the values of hope, strength, cheerfulness, youth, health, and fidelity. It has been believed to promote creativity, helps personal clarity and eliminates self-destructive tendencies.
3. The name 'citrine' comes from an old French word "citrin," meaning lemon. As one of the more rare forms of quartz, this gemstone ranges in color from the palest yellow to a dark amber.
4. The Romans were thought to be the first to wear the yellow quartz, crafting it into highly polished but unfaceted cuts of stone known as cabochon.
5. Citrine became more popular during the Romantic Period which was an artistic, literary, and intellectual movement that originated in Europe toward the end of the 18th century.
6. According to Chinese legends, Citrine is the "Stone of Success," and it should be given to generous people only. Citrine jewelry was deeply appreciated by ancient Chinese emperors for their ability to increase intellectual capabilities and broaden the mind. Today, Citrine is used by modern Chinese students to help them succeed on exams. Many Chinese professors and teachers also use it when lecturing. Citrine is widely used in China during gem stone healing sessions to produce feelings and emotions and thoughts of abundance.
7. Citrine, like all forms of quartz, was believed during the European Early Modern Period to have magical powers and was worn as a talisman against evil thoughts and snake venom.
8. Most Citrine is mined in Brazil. Small quantities of Citrine are found in Russia, Colorado, Madagascar, Bolivia, Burma (Myanmar), Canada, Sri Lanka, Spain, and the United States.
9. Citrine is attributed with two divine deities: Demeter, the Greek goddess of harvest who is associated with productivity and Sekhmet, the Egyptian goddess of war who is associated with power.
10. Citrine has a Mohs Scale Hardness of 7, meaning it is not easily scratched and is durable enough to avoid scratching and chipping during daily wear.
the above sources are taken from Long's Jewelers Blog
And then... a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you who was born in November! 🎂🎁🎉